Springtime = sorrel soup time.
Here is a terrific and easy recipe for sorrel soup.
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced thinly
- 4 garlic cloves
- 10 cups packed sorrel leaves, stems removed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- pinch cayenne pepper
- sour cream and fresh chives for garnish
- melt butter in large pot. Saute onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add sorrel, cover, and cook until fully wilted (about 5 minutes)
- Add stock, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne and simmer 45 minutes,
- Puree with immersion blender, blender, or food processor.
- Adjust seasoning and serve, garnished with drops of sour cream and sprinkled chives.